Salmon Cakes with Tartar Sauce
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- Fresh Dill
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Finely chop 1 table spoon of dill
- Add 1 cup of mayo and the chopped dill to a large bowl and mix together (add more mayo or more dill to taste)
- Add 1-2 table spoons of horseradish – I like mine with some bite so I use extra hot horseradish (sometimes I add too much and have to add more mayo so my eyes don’t water up!) 100% personal preference here…
- Add 1 teaspoon of spicy brown mustard – This is more to do with giving the sauce a little color and texture than spicing it up (the horseradish makes it spicy!)
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish.
- Mix together with a spoon and taste;
The above recipe is really good – I generally use it for left over salmon, or, I make a huge batch and freeze & vacuum seal to cook later. If you flash freeze the cakes on a sheet of aluminum for 30-40 minutes before vacuum sealing they will keep really well and wont loose their shape when vacuum sealing.
This is a fun recipe to make with kids since it’s a really hands-IN situation. I’ve found that making the cakes flatter gives more ratio of the tasty crispiness of the panko…